Head of Platform Engineering Storage (m/f)
- Berlin - Prenzlauer Berg
HEAD OF PLATFORM ENGINEERING STORAGE (M/F)
The Head of Platform Engineering ‘Storage’ is responsible for all aspects of planning and operating ProfitBricks’ storage resources (SDD and HDD) which form the foundational part of our infrastructure services. Our proposition is to have a high- performing IaaS offering at reasonable costs for our business customers, and you take on responsibility for both the strategic and the operational aspects of our storage infrastructure. With a good sense for the IaaS market you know what our competitors are doing and have a view on current and upcoming storage technologies and draw the right conclusions for our product offering. Together with your team of engineers you initiate and manage development projects to continuously improve our product offering in terms of functionality, performance, scalability and reliable operations.
Your tasks - you…:
Support, guide, and inspire a team of engineers to develop and operate our storage infrastructure, drive reliability and performance across massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack for our storage infrastructure
- Evaluate upcoming technology trends and what they mean for ProfitBricks.
- Initiate and manage projects to continuously enhance our platforms and make them future-proof
- Are responsible for maintaining and scaling our storage infrastructure while keeping our revenue-critical services and applications fast, stable, reliable and available
- Solve problems arising from our large-scale operations and ensure that measures are taken to sustainably eliminate problems and risks
- Work closely with the business stakeholders to influence and create new designs, architectures, and standards
- Participate and drive production readiness reviews and postmortems
- Engage in software performance analysis and system-tuning
What you bring with you:
- Experience working as a Platform Engineering Manager or in a similar technical leadership position at a IaaS or cloud services provider.
- In-depth knowledge in virtualized and non-virtualized storage infrastructure within highly scalable cloud infrastructures
- Systems Engineering - large-scale system design exposure, in-depth understanding of Linux systems internals, TCP/IP networking, Infiniband, storage technologies
- Cloud Engineering - Strong experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platforms, solid understanding of performance and scalability requirements, security practices, automation and monitoring
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Passion for building, leading and nurturing successful engineering teams
- Good understanding of ITSM practices. ITIL certification is a plus
- A clear and Ouid communication style when articulating your ideas
- English is a must, German a plus
What we offer:
- A leading technology company, flat hierarchies and opportunities for you to shape your personal development
- The possibility to further develop the technology behind our offer
- A variety of team and staff events (e.g. monthly "meet & greet" events)
- An international environment with 110 colleagues with 23 different nationalities
- Progressive training events (e.g. "lunch & learn")
- German classes for all non-German colleagues
- Free fruit and drinks selection, PlayStation and table football
- Full relocation service for employees who join us from foreign countries
- One of the most popular districts of Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg is an exceptionally varied district that offers an excellent quality of life
Welcome to ProfitBricks, the IaaS Company!
We work within and influence the strongest growing IT sector worldwide. Founded in 2010 by our CEO Achim Weiss and full subsidiary of 1&1 Internet SE, ProfitBricks GmbH customers can create and manage virtual Cloud data centers that match their requirements exactly. High performance, redundant and easy to configure, cloud infrastructure that is billing by actual minutes used. From our in-house developed graphical user interface and control panel for our customers, to our unique technical features and API; we’ve built a cloud IaaS service that really stands out in the marketplace. The passion and work of our colleagues make this possible, and we’re excited to be adding some new faces to the team.
Für weitere Auskünfte steht Ihnen Hanjoerg Beger (+49 (172) 9423111) gerne zur Verfügung.
Helfen Sie Freunden, Kollegen und unentdeckten Talenten zu ihrem Traumjob.
Hinweis: Zum Empfehlen und Teilen benötigen Sie einen kostenlosen TalentScout-Account.